- Write a well researched academic Capstone Project Report between 4000 and 5000 words on the chosen capstone experience and its application in your chosen organisation (35%)
- The purpose of this assessment is to produce a discussion that will be supported by and include your literature review with references from respected sources from Assessment Item 2.
- The Capstone Project Design should demonstrate project management skills and include experience in other areas of study where applicable.
- The Capstone Project Report may also have a systems development project included in the Report.
- The Requirements section belowhas a suggested format using six (6) main heading levels to use for the layout and organisation of the report.
- You should demonstrate academic writing skills, critical and reflective thinking and include academic journals, conference proceedings, eBooks, theses, industry magazines and well respected resources from the Internet among your references in APA style
- Ensure that the Project Report by you is your own work and has not been submitted elsewhere and comply with the University’s requirements for academic integrity.
- Present a Capstone Project Seminar (15%).
- The time has been deliberately limited to 10 minutes to force you into selecting the most appropriate subset of information to present for this situation and you will be heavily penalised if you take more than 15 minutes.
- NOTE: If doing a video presentation (YouTube, Vimeo etc) then try to halve the time for the online audience. (Question time does not count as part of the presentation time.)
- This seminar can be to a live class of peers or online as a video presentation, outlining the results of your Capstone Project.
- The seminar should be accompanied by appropriate audio/visual tools such as a set of presentation slides or examples of hardware/software/systems that are necessary for the audience to understand and follow your presentation.
- You may be asked questions from the audience after your presentation.
- Please ask your local supervisor for the date, time or the URL of the Online Video you will be presenting. Presenting a seminar also demonstrates that you have understood the project work that has been carried out.